Is your beach house a bit dated or in need of a little makeover? Here are 23 simple decorating ideas that will decorate and highlight the beauty of your summer residence.
1. Classic Adirondack chairs on the porch.
2. Removable cushion covers and sofa covers in fabrics suitable for outdoor use, such as Sunbrella, are easy to wash and resist wet bathing suits and towels.
3. Braided or woven rug. Because wooden floors take a beating.
4. Unfinished and unvarnished table tops echo the look of driftwood.
5. White wicker end tables are perfect for bedrooms or living room.
6. Removable cushion covers and sofa covers in outdoor-safe fabrics like Sunbrella are easy to wash and resist wet bathing suits and towels.
7. A needlepoint pillow from a lighthouse displayed on a rocking chair.
8. Use red, white and blue accents to add a touch of American flair to your entire home.
9. Louvered shades keep the midday sun at bay on porches and bedrooms.
10. Ceiling fans to circulate air and cool rooms.
11. Underwater or tropical themed wall mural in a bedroom or living room.
12. Decorative seagrass sneakers for storage.
13. Bright white and vivid blue striped bedding for a classic nautical theme.
14. For a room with high ceilings, keep the windows unadorned to allow natural light to enter completely.
15. Picnic table and benches for al fresco dining.
16. Simple vintage bed frames.
17. Mirror with shell frame for the bathroom.
18. A brightly colored nautical house flag or windsock for the front porch.
19. Wooden ship model. A mini version of a sailboat, fishing boat, or yacht for a centerpiece or for display on a mantelpiece or coffee table.
20. Ornamental lawn lighthouse for the front yard.
21. Cabinet hardware with shell, lighthouse, dolphin, boat, anchor or palm tree designs
22. Anchor or clamshell design door knocker.
23. And of course, display seashells, driftwood, and sea rocks found on your local beach throughout your beach house for that special touch.
Use a combination of these beach home decor tips to add a fresh and decidedly beachy touch to your home.