If you’re looking to buy California car insurance, there are a number of things you can do to save money on your car insurance. With the cost of driving skyrocketing due to high fuel prices, it pays to be choosy when shopping for auto insurance so you can get a great deal. Here are 5 ways to make sure you get the best possible deal on California car insurance:
- Shop around: It may take a little time and effort to get rate quotes from some insurance companies, but it will be worth the time and effort in the long run to save money on your California auto insurance. You should always get quotes from at least three insurance companies before selecting a policy.
- Find out what other people think about an insurance company: Look up reviews online or talk to friends and family about which insurance companies they’ve had good experiences with and which car insurance companies they’ve had bad experiences with. The best way to know which insurance company will be there for you if you are in an accident is to find out how they have treated other clients.
- Get only the required coverage – If you really want to save money on your car insurance, get only the required amount of coverage. Insurance companies will always recommend that you get the most coverage they sell, but you can save money by simply getting the minimum required amount of coverage.
- Check their opening hours. Will you be able to get an agent if you need one? Some larger companies allow you to report a claim online 24 hours a day; others will require you to make an appointment with a local agent. If convenience is important to you, you may want to choose a company that allows you to file a claim online.
- Find out about payment options before you buy a policy – some insurance companies allow you to pay monthly and some don’t. Some insurance companies will allow you to pay for your policy online and some require a check. Make sure you understand the company’s payment policies before you buy a car insurance policy online to ensure you don’t have a problem paying for your policy.