One of the biggest events in most teens’ lives is the high school prom. The experience of finding a date, getting ready, dressing up, riding in a limousine and spending time with that special girl or boy is full of excitement.
If you have a son or daughter attending prom or you are attending prom, make it a memorable experience by giving a special prom gift. This short article will give you the best unique prom gift ideas that you can consider.
1) A graduation gift basket for the young lady with all the graduation essentials is a great way to set the tone for prom night. Then fill the basket with an emergency makeup kit, breath mints, extra socks, perfume, and hair accessories.
2) Prepare a homemade dinner for your date. Some proms do not include dinner. Instead of reserving dinner for two at a fancy restaurant, prepare a gourmet meal at home. Start with your date’s favorite appetizer, salad and main course and finish with a special dessert. Set the mood by setting a romantic table with candlelight, background music, fine china, and sparkling cider or grape juice. You can do this the evening before prom night. Ask your mom to help you prepare the food. Her date will surely appreciate the time and efforts she has put into preparing a sumptuous dinner.
3) If you are going to prom with your circle of friends, take a video camera with you. Document the entire night, from the preparations to the limo ride after prom. After prom night, turn your footage into a personalized video with subtitles and background music. Burn it to a DVD with a custom label and case. Surely you and your friends will remember one of the most unforgettable moments of your lives.
4) A collage of memories and photos is another beautiful gift. Take pictures during your prom night. Collect different items that will remind your date or friends about prom night.
5) Any girl would love to receive a bouquet of flowers. However, a garden kit is a unique way to give a lovely young lady a memento of one of the most important nights of her life. She can grow her own plants or flowers that will continue to bloom. If she wants to make her own kit, include a pot, seed packets, gardening tools, and gloves.
6) Gift certificate is another great idea to give to both the young man and woman to help them get ready for prom. For example, a gift certificate for the young man is for a new tuxedo and a wrist corsage. On the other hand, for the young woman, a gift certificate for a spa session, massage services, pedicure, manicure, hairdressing and makeup.
7) An after-prom outfit is a great gift for the young couple. For example, an eye-catching t-shirt that says, “She’s my prom date.”
Break away from ordinary graduation gifts and consider giving any of the unique items listed above. Give something that will surely be remembered and appreciated.