Confusion about the natural treatment of sarcoidosis
In 10 years of research helping people survive sarcoidosis using natural treatment options, I have come to the conclusion that there is a lot of clinical research available that confirms that Sarcoidosis natural treatment Options like diet, exercise, breathing techniques, supplements, and more are beneficial in helping the body overcome sarcoidosis. The problem is that these findings aren’t making their way into traditional medicine, so it’s up to people with sarcoidosis to be their own advocates and get their health back on track. This is exactly what we had to do after years of medical treatment.
People commonly ask what to do first when going the natural route. I encourage everyone to make these healthy choices even if they are under medical treatment. Your health is your choice and you need to know enough about your options to make an educated and informed decision.
3 steps to start with the natural treatment of sarcoidosis:
First you need to create a baseline to be able to measure your improvement or lack of it. We are all different and if you suffer from Sarcoidosis you should know that this disease affects each body differently and has 4 stages; just like cancer… the higher the number, the more the disease progressed. So the first 2 things you should consider doing is getting a food intolerance test and a thermogram.
- A food intolerance test is not a food allergy test. This test will tell you if you have any food sensitivities that need to be addressed to stop any underlying inflammation, pain, soreness, cough, etc. These are all common food intolerance symptoms that can actually be caused by foods that we all consider to be healthy. Be sure to do the blood draw test and not the finger prick. After the age of 10, the finger prick is not as effective.
- A thermogram is a diagnostic test (not covered by most insurance) that is noninvasive, nonradiative, and much less expensive than a CT or PET scan. In a nutshell, a thermogram takes pictures of body heat and shows where it is slightly inflamed or very inflamed. Scientific tests have shown that thermography has the ability to detect precancerous tissue up to 5 years earlier than a mammogram, etc. This is exceptional for those with granular sarcoid tumors that will show up on a thermal scan. Getting a baseline test and then following up every 6 to 12 months will tell you if all of your Sarcoidosis natural treatment efforts or medical treatment efforts are working.
- Once you know if there are any foods to avoid and you have a baseline “inflammatory” level (you know where the granules are and how big/inflamed they are), you can now eliminate foods you are intolerant to. VERY IMPORTANT. So start eating a sarcoidosis diet.
Sarcoidosis Natural Treatment and Sarcoidosis Diet
At its best, the sarcoidosis diet would be a completely vegan and mostly raw diet. Now, I know that most people will NEVER be able to maintain this type of diet for their entire lives, so here are 3 things to start changing today. These 3 simple natural sarcoidosis treatment options have helped hundreds of Sarkies improve their energy levels, cleanse the body of residual toxins like leftover prednisone, and decrease inflammation.
1. Give up all dairy except eggs (unless you’re sensitive to eggs, of course). Dairy is highly inflammatory and American newspapers are full of pus, hormones, antibiotics, etc.
2. Drink 1/2 oz of water per 1 pound of weight per day. Example: If you weigh 180 lbs. you should drink 90 oz of water per day. Better filtered and at room temperature (this helps the body to absorb it more quickly).
3. Now what you can eat! You want to eat foods that inhibit tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-α). Studies have found that TNF-α, a 17.5 kd protein, plays an important role in cell-mediated and antigen-stimulated immune responses and in the development of noncaseating granulomas in a variety of diseases, including sarcoidosis. . Therefore, eating a diet rich in anti-inflammatory foods that naturally inhibit tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-α), as well as daily practices that help your body stop and possibly reverse this disease, may be the turning point in your health. Natural TNF-a inhibitors include; fucoidan, curcumin (turmeric), quercetin and resveratrol, green tea, cat’s claw, CoQ10 and tart cherry juice.
If you have sarcoidosis, there are many other lifestyle changes you can make to help your body overcome the symptoms and possibly stop the disease altogether. We can’t write about all of them here or this article would be a novel. To read more, click Sarcoidosis Natural Treatment and know that just because the disease is a mystery doesn’t mean your decisions should be.